this 'n that™

Friday, August 19, 2005

Hmm..

Went to the final Diwan of a camp last night, I took part in it 2 years back and from what I saw last night it hasn’t changed much.

I really don’t know what to say ‘cus its one of those things you have to see for yourself. My sister and I were in slight shock for about the first hour when we saw no one really paying attention to the person speaking and on the whole there being no real sense of respect towards Maharaaj. I’m all for having a laugh and I try hard to make sure my kids have a good time at camp but at the same time I feel its more than important to make sure they’re told who Maharaaj is and how to behave around Them.

It is one of those camps that treats the kids in way so that they have maximum fun while they are there but I have to question how much they learn about Sikhi whilst there. Ok so being at a camp is excellent (you’re surrounded by Sangat and have the opportunity to do Sewa) but I feel it is also important to take something home from it.

The highlight of it all (even though I was only there for about 2 hours, took us about the same amount of time to find somewhere to park the car) was when some random kid came up to me and asked if I was at Walsall Camp, and then went on to tell me how he prefers Walsall Camp to that one.. At least that made me walk away with a smile on my face.. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home