this 'n that™

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pakeezah

I finally got a dvd of Pakeezah yesterday and watched it last night. Its one of those old films that I’ve been meaning to watch for about 5 years but its never happened. The film is really really good. Its pace is slow but a lot happens in about 2 and a half hours.

Abit like Mughal-E-Azam I had a favourite song before even watching the film, which was Chalte Chalte (its still one of my all time favourite Hindi tracks) and having watched the film the lyrics make sense now. I also like a track called Teer-E-Nazar, its one of those songs that you don’t know exists till you see it in a film.

I know films are just films but after watching this one something my mum said once or twice came to mind, ‘kise neh kise di kismat nehi dekhi’. It’s so true; no one no matter what their situation may be, no one knows what God has in store for them. He can turn a king into a beggar and vice versa in a moment, nothing is beyond His doing..

On the whole an amazing film - one I’ll be watching a few times. Next on my ‘to watch’ list is Umrao Jaan..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home