this 'n that™

Thursday, January 20, 2005

My Lord Master is Merciful

Beautiful Shabad!

I came across this Shabad when someone pointed it out to me. I was basically going through a very testing time, one that I was finding hard to deal with and do anything about. One day a friend randomly gave me a link that was to this Shabad being sung by Bhai Niranjan Singh Ji. The tuks of the Shabad hit home in such a way that all of my worries dissolved away as the following tuk says 'Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you'. From that day I have not worried about that problems that were plaguing me that the time.

I am always going to be grateful to the person who gave me the link to this Shabad so thanks Penj :). It was indirectly through this person that I came across the solution to my problem ‘jin oupaaee maedhanee soee karadhaa saar’.

Here is the Shabad, it is amazing,

thila(n)g mehalaa 5 ghar 3
Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:

miharavaan saahib miharavaan
Merciful, the Lord Master is Merciful.

saahib maeraa miharavaan
My Lord Master is Merciful.

jeea sagal ko dhaee dhaan rehaao
He gives His gifts to all beings. Pause

thoo kaahae ddolehi praaneeaa thudhh raakhaigaa sirajanehaar
Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

jin paidhaaeis thoo keeaa soee dhaee aadhhaar 1
He who created you, will also give you nourishment. 1

jin oupaaee maedhanee soee karadhaa saar
The One who created the world, takes care of it.

ghatt ghatt maalak dhilaa kaa sachaa paravadhagaar 2
In each and every heart and mind, the Lord is the True Cherisher. 2

kudharath keem n jaaneeai vaddaa vaeparavaahu
His creative potency and His value cannot be known; He is the Great and carefree Lord.

kar ba(n)dhae thoo ba(n)dhagee jichar ghatt mehi saahu 3
O human being, meditate on the Lord, as long as there is breath in your body. 3

thoo samarathh akathh agochar jeeo pi(n)dd thaeree raas
O God, You are all-powerful, inexpressible and imperceptible; my soul and body are Your capital.

reham thaeree sukh paaeiaa sadhaa naanak kee aradhaas 43
By Your Mercy, may I find peace; this is Nanak's lasting prayer. 43

Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home