this 'n that™

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Simply amazing..

Simply amazing..

I came across this Shabad today after clicking on the ‘random Shabad’ link at sikhitothemax.com.

Its one of those Shabad’s that really hits home, its simply amazing..


baanee sadhhanae kee raag bilaavalu
The Word Of Sadhana, Raag Bilaaval:

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

nrip ka(n)niaa kae kaaranai eik bhaeiaa bhaekhadhhaaree
For a king's daughter, a man disguised himself as Vishnu.

kaamaarathhee suaarathhee vaa kee paij savaaree 1
He did it for sexual exploitation, and for selfish motives, but the Lord protected his honor. 1

thav gun kehaa jagath guraa jo karam n naasai
What is Your value, O Guru of the world, if You will not erase the karma of my past actions?

si(n)gh saran kath jaaeeai jo ja(n)buk graasai 1 rehaao
Why seek safety from a lion, if one is to be eaten by a jackal? 1Pause

eaek boo(n)dh jal kaaranae chaathrik dhukh paavai
For the sake of a single rain-drop, the rainbird suffers in pain.

praan geae saagar milai fun kaam n aavai 2
When its breath of life is gone, even an ocean is of no use to it. 2

praan j thhaakae thhir nehee kaisae biramaavo
Now, my life has grown weary, and I shall not last much longer; how can I be patient?

boodd mooeae noukaa milai kahu kaahi chadtaavo 3
If I drown and die, and then a boat comes along, tell me, how shall I climb aboard? 3

mai naahee kashh ho nehee kishh aahi n moraa
I am nothing, I have nothing, and nothing belongs to me.

aousar lajaa raakh laehu sadhhanaa jan thoraa 41
Now, protect my honor; Sadhana is Your humble servant. 41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home