this 'n that™

Monday, August 29, 2005

Radhaswami Satsang

Went to a Radhaswami Satsang today, it’s not the kind of thing I normally go to but I was invited and so went down to see what its all about. To be honest I was surprised by how well it was all organised and how nice the people there were (no, no one tried to convert me :p). There were people there who had travelled over from Spain, Germany, Switzerland, France and much further.

Its based in a estate near London, the programme takes place in a tent in which there must have been somewhere near 10’000 people. The way everyone sat and how the Sewadars there worked to get everyone seated was amazing. I have been to too many Diwans where the Sangat is literally sitting in each other’s laps but here it was like everyone sat in an orderly manner. As people came in there were people singing live Kirtan, without instruments which is something I’ve not experienced before. Once the programme began there was pin drop silence as it all took place, again something I’ve not experienced during a Diwan.

All in all it was a good day out (lovely tanning weather too). I’d always heard about Radhaswami’s but had never really experienced anything for myself, at least now I can form an opinion based on fact and what I’ve seen for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home