this 'n that™

Thursday, June 30, 2005

dhaehi naam sa(n)thokheeaa

There are some quotes, phrases and Tuk’s that have stuck in my mind having heard them once or twice. There’s just something about them that seems to hit home and stay with me, one of these Tuk’s is ‘dhaehi naam sa(n)thokheeaa outharai man kee bhukh ’

I don’t know why this has always struck in my mind, but there’s something about that seems to piece my mind and make me think about what is being said. The message given by Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj in this Shabad is so simple yet so thought provoking. I ask Maharaaj for so many worldly things, if only I’d wake up and realise what’s really important; I wouldn’t have the need to ask for anything else..

ma 5
vin thudhh hor j ma(n)ganaa sir dhukhaa kai dhukh
dhaehi naam sa(n)thokheeaa outharai man kee bhukh
gur van thin hariaa keethiaa naanak kiaa manukh 2

Fifth Mehl:
To ask for any other than You, Lord, is the most miserable of miseries.
Please bless me with Your Name, and make me content; may the hunger of my mind be satisfied.
The Guru has made the woods and meadows green again. O Nanak, is it any wonder that He blesses human beings as well? 2


Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home